KINDLY TAKE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOLLOWING THE RECENT OUTBREAK OF COVID-19.
STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS OF NEW DATE AND VENUE.
Module 2A: Business Challenges And Regulatory Expectations
Scope of Coverage
- Nature of the relevant business (stockbroking, investment banking and futures broking), including its shifting trends and regulatory and competitive changes
- Overview of the expected competencies to understand the nature, conduct and performance of the relevant business
- Challenges in the operations, systems and procedures to meet the expectations laid out in the applicable SC Guidelines with particular reference to the following areas of:
- Customer due diligence;
- Insider and/or price sensitive information;
- Real or perceived conflicts of interest situations;
- Market misconduct, including front running and scalping;
- Compliance function and compliance officers;
- Breaches of securities laws, rules and regulations;
- AML/CFT framework;
- Bursa Malaysia’s approach to ensuring fair and orderly market.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Identify and discuss the nature, challenges and opportunities in the relevant business (stockbroking, investment banking and futures broking);
- Evaluate the relevant provisions in the applicable guidelines that directors of licensed intermediaries need to be cognizant of;
- Assess the challenges facing directors of relevant business (stockbroking, investment banking and futures broking) in overseeing the application of and conformance with the applicable guidelines;
- Exercise judgement appropriately in dealing with issues of business challenges and regulatory expectations brought to the attention of the board.