FEES & PAYMENT
- SIDC encourages online payments for all programme fees. All payments must be made payable to SIDC in full before registration can be confirmed.
- Full payment is required upon completion of registration. Otherwise, registration will be deemed as unsuccessful.
- Participants are advised to have a copy of their registration confirmation and payment slip when going to the registration desk at the event in case they are requested to show proof of payment upon their arrival.
- Admittance may be denied upon failure to make full payment to SIDC.
- Registration with full payment will be treated on a first come first served basis and subject to seat availability of the programme.
- Any cancellation by participants must be submitted in writing or via email and is valid only with acknowledgement of receipt by SIDC.
- For face to face programmes, participants may request for refund to be made in the case of the following:
|Provision of Notice||Refund policy|
|Two weeks or more prior to programme||50% refund, a complete set of programme materials will be provided|
|Less than 2 weeks prior to programme||No refund, a complete set of programme materials will be provided|
LIVE STREAMING / VIDEO ON DEMAND
- Participants may purchase SIDC programmes made available via live stream or video on demand (VOD) either directly SIDC or from other third party providers based on the packages offered.
- Participants may only view Live streaming or VOD purchases permits on one applicable device at any one time.
- Any registrations for SIDC’s live streaming or VOD cannot be transferred to another SIDC programme and no sharing of registration is allowed with other participants.
- In cases where live streaming is not capable of running online as planned for whatsoever reasons, SIDC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend the live streaming session.
- Notwitstanding anything to the contrary herein, live streaming or VOD purchases are strictly non-refundable for any reasons whatsoever.
- In the case where a paid participant is absent from attending face to face programme due to medical reason, such participant will be allowed to register for another programme (subject to seat availability) at no extra charge, provided the original or certified true copy of the medical certificate is forwarded to SIDC within 3 working days from the date of the programme. Otherwise, no refund will be made and no replacement of participant will be allowed.
- Paid participants who are not able to attend face to face programme due to death of an immediate family member (spouse, child, parent, parent-in-law, grandparent, brother, sister only) occurring not more than 7 days prior to the programme will be allowed to register for another programme (subject to seat availability) at no extra charge, provided a certified true copy of the death certificate and a written notice from the candidate indicating the relationship between the candidate and the deceased are submitted to SIDC within 7 working days of the date of the programme.
- SIDC reserves the right to amend any part of the programme at any time including but not limited to changing the speaker, date and to cancel the programme should circumstances beyond its control arise. SIDC shall not be responsible for any costs, damages or losses incurred by the participant due to the changes and/or cancellation. SIDC also reserves the right to make alternative arrangements without prior notice should it be necessary.
- SIDC shall not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, the acts or omissions of third party, operators, service providers, contractors or agents whom we may use to perform any part of the services in relation to SIDC’s programmes, any problem or malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or persons, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web or combination thereof.
- SIDC makes no warranties about the consistency of the live stream and takes no responsibility for dropouts in the live stream, or other unforeseen interruptions to service. SIDC also cannot take any responsibility for the integrity of the participants’ hardware (computer or device), the participants’ internet signal bandwidth, or any other consideration outside of the control of SIDC.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All intellectual property rights in all materials available from SIDC including the design, graphics and text, audio and recording are owned by SIDC. When you are given access to the SIDC’s materials physically or via online, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to use such SIDC materials. Such content and/or materials may be copied, reproduced, uploaded, posted, displayed or linked to in any way, in whole or in part, without the SIDC’s prior permission. Any such use is strictly prohibited and will constitute an infringement of the SIDC’s intellectual property rights.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Participants must observe and adhere to all health and safety rules and regulations and any other reasonable security requirements that apply at the premises at which SIDC programmes are conducted.
- SIDC reserves the right to remove any participant from the programme whose behaviour is deemed inappropriate by the SIDC and/or SIDC speakers or trainers. In these circumstances, SIDC will neither refund any fees nor reimburse any other costs.
- Any recording, broadcasting, rebroadcasting or web streaming of content produced by SIDC during the programme is strictly prohibited. Any person found in violation of this term will be immediately ejected and infringement action may be brought against him/her.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & INDEMNITY
- SIDC does not accept responsibility for anyone acting as a result of information in, or views expressed on, its training programme including course materials as well as for services provided by any third parties in relation to SIDC’s programmes.
- Opinions expressed are those of individual speakers or trainers and not necessarily those of SIDC. Participants should take professional advice when dealing with specific situations.
- Participants agree to waive and hold SIDC harmless form any claims relating to any action taken by SIDC including the refusal, removal, modification or denial of access to programme or other appropriate action in relation to any suspected or alleged breach of this terms and conditions.
- Participants agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SIDC, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, settlement amounts, and reasonable attorneys’ fees, disbursements and costs arising from any actions, suits, threats, allegations, demands or claims brought by any third party resulting from or relating breach of any of terms and conditions contained herein.
- All SIDC programmes are provided on ‘As-Is’ basis without any warranties of any kind. SIDC hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, all implied warranties, terms and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality and non-infringement with respect to the SIDC programmes.
- By attending the programme, participants hereby agree and give consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and without any payment and inspection of such photograph, filming or recording. The participants understand that such attendance constitutes consent to being photograph, film and/or recorded for SIDC’s use, in any and all media in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with the programme.
- SIDC does not warrant that the provision of any of SIDC’s content offered online or via the internet will always be available or be uninterrupted, timely or error free, that defects will be corrected or that such content is secure or free from bugs, viruses, errors and omissions.
LINK TO OTHER WEBSITE
- The SIDC website may contains links to third party websites or resources. Their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by SIDC and SIDC accepts no responsibility of liability in respect thereof.
- SIDC processes participants’ information in accordance with the Personal Data Notice which forms an integral part of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereunder and supersedes all other prior agreements and understandings, both written and oral.
- SIDC hereby reserves the right and discretion to change, modify, amend or update all or any parts of the terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and the courts within Malaysia shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any issues regarding the interpretation or enforcement of the same.