This workshop aims to present a holistic understanding of the Islamic financial services industry eco-system. Participants will gain practical insights into the development and framework of Islamic banking, Takaful, Islamic Capital Market (ICM) products and services, new growth areas and innovations, Islamic microfinance, waqf, fintech and ICM talent development strategies. More importantly, the main highlight of the workshop will be site visits to successful business models that showcase practical synergies between the Islamic Financial Services Industry and other facets of the business and social communities to foster learning and networking opportunities.
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- describe recent developments in Islamic finance globally
- gain insights into key issues and challenges in the banking and capital market
- discuss the principles for Shariãh governance framework and its institutional governance
- Leverage regional and international working partners to increase and strengthen domestic opportunities
- explain the legal and regulatory framework that supports the development of Islamic finance
- Identify the dynamics of the Islamic banking and Takaful industry and the various products it offers
- Familiarization with the different Sukuk structures, operational procedures and appreciate the growth of the global Sukuk market
- recognise the features of Shariãh-compliant stocks, the various screening methodologies including key aspects of Islamic fund management
- review recent developments of ICM products and services, potential growth areas and innovations
- Identify opportunities in Islamic fintech and Alternative Market Based Financing that are available in the Islamic financial and capital market industry
- reflect on Islamic microfinance and Waqf and its financial inclusiveness and social impact
- consider talent development strategies, initiatives and development challenges
Interactive presentations, panel discussions, question-and-answer sessions, case studies and site visits.