We are pleased to announce that the Securities Industry Development Corporation (SIDC) has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with CFA Society Malaysia (CFAM). The MoU was signed on 14 January 2021.
The MoU signals the intent between both parties to enter into a strategic partnership that is centered on promoting professional excellence and investor education in the Malaysian capital market through facilitation of collaborative activities that are mutually beneficial.
CFAM is one of the leading associations of investment professionals in the Malaysian financial industry, supporting the professional development and advancement of CFA® Charterholders and advocates initiatives that focus on investment standards, financial education, and ethics in the capital markets. Founded in 1997, CFAM has grown into a professional association representing the interests of over 800 members in Malaysia in the financial industry.
Areas of cooperation to be explored as outlined in the MoU include:
- Opportunities to host capital market joint events
- Collaboration on investors’ education and capital market courses or qualifications
- Knowledge and information sharing for capacity building initiatives
- Advocacy initiatives relating to ethics, investor protection and education
- Other areas of cooperation as agreed by both parties
We are enthusiastic that this partnership will strengthen and advance both organisations’ missions in competency development, as well as the promotion of excellence and innovation in all facets of Malaysia’s capital market.
Please look forward to further developments and updates on our initiatives in the near future.