Effendy Shahul Hamid
Chief Executive Officer, CIMB Digital Assets (CDA) | Group Chief Executive Officer, Touch ‘n Go Group
- Honours in Electronic Engineering with Optoelectronics, University College London, United Kingdom
- CIMB Leadership Programme, INSEAD
- Digital Business Leadership Programme, Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- Chairman, TNG Digital Sdn Bhd
- Chairman, CIMB Bank (Vietnam) Ltd.
- Director, Touch ‘n Go Group
- Director, Financial Park (Labuan) Sdn Bhd
- Director, Principal Asset Management Berhad, PT Principal Asset Management, Principal Asset Management Co Limited and Principal Islamic Asset Management Sdn Bhd
- Currently also CEO of CIMB Digital Assets, responsible for CIMB’s portfolio of digital businesses and ventures, which today includes Touch ‘n Go and TNG Digital (collectively Touch ‘n Go Group), as well as CIMB’s digital banking franchise in Vietnam and Philippines. In addition to driving strategy, growth and overseeing the execution of these businesses, his focus also extends towards spearheading value creation of CIMB’s investments in these franchises through equity and non-equity partnerships. Also continues to maintain oversight in the digital banking space for the Group, as well as platform and ecosystem-based developments and trends.
- Most recently, was CEO of Group Ventures & Partnerships, responsible for the development of CIMB Group’s new and disruptive revenue and value creation streams, with a focus on cultivating platform partnerships, strategic investments in platform-based businesses, and steering CIMB’s approach and practices in terms of financial technology trends. Began management oversight of the Group’s digital bank operations in Vietnam and the Philippines, in addition to leading efforts and pursuing strategies in the virtual banking space for the Group.
- Prior to that, was CEO of CIMB Group Asset Management & Investments, responsible for the Group’s asset management and investments business across both public and private markets, including the regional asset management business, its private equity fund management business and equity investments portfolio in companies such as Principal Asset Management and Touch ’n Go.
- Previously also the CEO of Group Commercial Banking, managing the Group’s regional banking businesses for the small and medium enterprise and mid-sized corporate segment, with a key focus on creating differentiated propositions and executing long term growth strategies.
- Preceding that, was Group Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, managing the Group’s entire marketing and communications initiatives and lead franchise-wide efforts to ensure a consistent and differentiated CIMB brand for all of the Group’s Businesses across the region.
- Before that, served as a Director in the Group’s Investment Banking Division, primarily focusing on corporate advisory and origination.
- Prior to joining CIMB Group, career stints in several international companies in a corporate development capacity, mostly involved in private equity, merger and acquisition activities across Asia Pacific and general business expansion initiatives.
- Regional business experience having worked and lived in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Singapore.