The main cogs of an economy are made up of a few key industries − manufacturing, agriculture and oil & gas industries. With the advent of the pandemic, and how it has halted as well as redefined globalisation, there is a need to address what are the next steps towards a post pandemic era. One thing for certain is, technology plays a big part in the industries’ future growth. This session is a platform to discuss case studies by practitioners as well as to learn from their success, challenges faced and how they overcame it.
The programme aims to discuss the critical sectors heavily impacted by COVID-19 and how businesses are taking actions to revive their businesses and remain competitive post pandemic economic landscape.
- Discuss the reconstruction and digitisation of the manufacturing system so as to be agile and adaptable, while keeping the costs minimal
- Describe the ideals of smart factories and how to make it real and attainable
- Discuss the urgency of leveraging on technology to raise farming productivity, while addressing the scarcity of agricultural sources, such as land space, funds and manpower
- Explain the vertical farming techniques such as hydroponics, aeroponics and aquaponics
- Discuss the efforts and initiative of encouraging new generations to participate in agriculture business
- Examine the impact of the oil and gas industry in view of the decline in energy demand as a result of the pandemic
- Discuss how oil and gas industry could remain competitive and emerge stronger as economies come out of this global phenomena in 2021
Industry players, bankers, economist, accountants, governments, regulators, state government agencies and Capital Markets Services Representative’s Licence (CMSRL) holders.