KINDLY TAKE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOLLOWING THE RECENT OUTBREAK OF COVID-19.
STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS OF NEW DATE AND VENUE.
Module 2B: Business Challenges And Regulatory Expectations
Scope of Coverage
- Nature of fund management business, including
- Shifting trends competitive changes;
- Updates on latest changes of regulations/guidelines relevant to the industry
- Overview of the expected skillset of directors to understand the nature, conduct and performance of fund management business, including
- Duties to clients;
- Duties in relation to risk management issues, especially regulatory risk and operation risk;
- Key internal controls;
- Types of investment assets and funds and their risk profiles; and
- Performance benchmarking and evaluation.
- Challenges in the operations, systems and procedures to meet the expectations laid out in the applicable SC Guidelines with particular reference to the following areas of
- Investment management agreement;
- Records and segregation of functions;
- Insider and/or price sensitive information;
- Real or perceived conflicts of interest situations;
- Market misconduct, including front running and churning;
- Issues of sales practices of unlisted capital market products;
- Business continuity plan;
- Compliance function and compliance officers;
- AML/CFT framework
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Identify and discuss the nature, challenges and opportunities in the fund management business;
- Evaluate the relevant provisions in the applicable guidelines that directors of licensed intermediaries need to be cognizant of;
- Assess the challenges facing directors of fund management companies in overseeing the application of and conformance with the applicable guidelines;
- Exercise judgement appropriately in dealing with issues of business challenges and regulatory expectations brought to the attention of the board.