Stakeholder Conversation Series: ETF Investment
Dates: 1 August 2017 (8.30am - 12.30pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) has emerged as one of the most innovative financial market instruments of the 20th century and have provided investors with the advantage of risk diversification with low fees, tax efficient and transparent holdings. Nowadays, technology had also challenged ETF firms, with its power to radically alter the way investment advice and products are offered. Financial services firms now need to consider developing new strategies to adapt or change in planning, managing, servicing, or distributing ETFs.
The programme aims to provide the latest updates in relation to ETF industry developments as well as the regulatory changes and issues pertinent to the industry.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- identify the components of the Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) ecosystem;
- recognise the latest developments and trends of the local and regional ETF industry;
- analyse the impact of the current digital innovation in relation to ETF industry; and
- discuss current issues, challenges and potentials facing the ETF industry.
Presentations and case study discussions.
- Dealer representatives, business development executives, officers from operations, credit management officers, middle management and heads of divisions.
- Regulators (i.e. SC & Bursa), industry members (i.e. ETF providers), investors (i.e. GLCs etc)
|Tuesday, 1 August 2017
||The Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) Ecosystem
- What is Exchange Traded Fund (ETF)
- Who are the players in the ETF ecosystem
- ETF value proposition
- The Malaysian ETF industry landscape
- The Malaysian ETF regulatory updates
||Discussion: Latest Trends, Growth and Developments in the Exchange Traded Fund
- Regional developments in ETF industry
- How Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) in Malaysia has been performing since its introduction
- ETF appeal: What do investors look for in ETF
- Understanding investors' appetite in ETF industry
- Awareness programme initiatives by the exchanges around the region
||Discussions: Enhancing the ETF Market
- Is the market ready for more ETF
- Impact of the digital innovation in the ETF industry
- How does corporate governance play a role in moving the industry forward
- Issues and challenges of the ETF industry from the perspectives of regulator, industry player and investor
||Lunch and End of Session
RM 550 + 6%GST = RM 583