MCCG and Bursa’s Listing Requirements - Application, Disclosure and Reporting Expectations for Principle A
Dates: 13 February 2018 (8.30am - 1.00pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Accreditation: SIDC CPE-approved: 5 CPE points
Pursuant to the Comprehend, Apply and Report (CARE) approach advocated under the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance (MCCG) issued by the Securities Commission Malaysia, listed issuers are encouraged to clearly identify the thought processes involved in practicing good corporate governance including providing fair and meaningful explanation of how the listed issuers have applied the Practices.
In view of the objectives and new disclosure approach set out in the MCCG, Bursa Malaysia has aligned the Listing Requirements (LR) and the CG Guide to reflect and guide listed issuers on the new CG application, disclosure approaches and reporting requirements.
This half day programme is to provide an in-depth guidance on the application, disclosure and reporting expectations for listed issuers as set out under the new MCCG for Principle A: Board Leadership and Effectiveness as further outlined in Bursa Malaysia’s LR and CG Guide.
The aim of this programme is to provide the listed issuers with guidance on the application, disclosures and reporting expectations of listed issuers for the Principle A: Board Leadership and Effectiveness as further outlined in the MCCG, Bursa’s LR and CG Guide.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- recognise the importance of corporate governance, the new approach in the MCCG and its expectations
- infer the application of the MCCG Practices with reference to Bursa’s CG Guide
- describe the changes in the LR with regard to CG reporting and the disclosure requirement
- determine and carry out the new CG disclosure approaches and requirements towards achieving more meaningful corporate governance reporting
Interactive presentations, Discussions and Question-and-Answer (Q&A) sessions
- Main target – PLCs, Co Sec, Directors, Senior Management
- Other Audience - Companies who plans to list on Bursa Malaysia
||Core - Corporate Governance
Foundational (Regulatory Knowledge) – Capital Markets Products Regulations
Functional (Process Skills) – Corporate Finance Advisory
|MCCG: The Code, Bursa LR and CG Guide and the Expectations
- Why Governance Matters
- Overview of MCCG - What is New?
- Key Features:
- The Shift to the ‘Comprehend, Apply and Report’ Approach (CARE)
- From Comply and Explain to Apply or Explain an Alternative
- Intended Outcomes: Focus and Clarity on of each Practice
- Guidance: Assisting in Applying the Practices
- Step Up Practices: Moving Towards Greater Excellence
- The Revised Bursa LR and Bursa’s CG Guide
|Board Leadership and Effectiveness – Application, Disclosures and Reporting Expectations
This session will discuss the application, disclosures and reporting expectations set out in the MCCG Principle A: Board Leadership and Effectiveness in relation to the revised Bursa’s LR and Bursa’s CG Guide.
- Bursa CG Guide: Guidance and Application of Practices and Recommended Best Practices
- Bursa LR - CG Report in a Prescribed Format
- Meaningful disclosure on application of each MCCG Practices
- Departure from practice – Alternative disclosure
- For Large Companies – Actions taken and timeframe
- Considerations in making disclosures in the CG Report in demonstrating a holistic and effective CG arrangement to stakeholders.
- CG Report – separate or combined?
- Bursa LR - CG Overview Statement in Annual Reports and Expectations
- Overview summary of CG practices of application on Principle
- Key Focus Areas and Future Priorities
||End of Programme
|Group of 3 or more pax
|*Inclusive of 6% GST