MCCG and Bursa’s Listing Requirements: Towards Meaningful Disclosure
Dates: 18 January 2018 (8.30am - 5.30pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Accreditation: SIDC CPE-approved: 10 CPE points
The Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance (MCCG) was issued by the Securities Commission Malaysia on the 26 April 2017 with immediate effect and listed issuers are required to report their application of their corporate governance (CG) practices in their annual reports effective from the financial year ending on or after 31 December 2017.
Consequent to the issuance of the MCCG in April 2017, Bursa Malaysia reviewed its Listing Requirements (LR) to reflect the new CG disclosure and reporting requirements under the Comprehend, Apply and Report “CARE” approach as well as the enhancement to the oversight role of the audit committee in respect of their internal audit functions.
This one-day programme will provide awareness and guidance on the expectations and outcomes to be carried out by the Board of Directors, key management and responsible officers of listed issuers with regard to the reporting requirements towards meaningful disclosures as outlined in the MCCG, Bursa’s LR and the CG Guide.
The aim of this programme is to provide the listed issuers with guidance on the application, disclosures and reporting expectations of listed issuers for the Principle A: Board Leadership and Effectiveness as further outlined in the MCCG, Bursa’s LR and CG Guide.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- recognise the importance of corporate governance, the new approach in the MCCG and its expectations
- infer the application of the MCCG Practices with reference to Bursa’s CG Guide
- describe the changes in the LR with regard to CG reporting and the disclosure requirement
- determine and carry out the new CG disclosure approaches and requirements towards achieving more meaningful corporate governance reporting
Interactive presentations, Discussions and Question-and-Answer (Q&A) sessions
- Main target – PLCs, Co Sec, Directors, Senior Management
- Other Audience - Companies who plans to list on Bursa Malaysia
||Core - Corporate Governance
Foundational (Regulatory Knowledge) – Capital Markets Products Regulations
Functional (Process Skills) – Corporate Finance Advisory
|MCCG: The Code, Bursa’s LR, the CG Guide and Expectations
- Why Governance Matters
- Overview of MCCG - What is New?
- Key Features:
- The Shift to the ‘Comprehend, Apply and Report’ Approach (CARE)
- From Comply and Explain to Apply or Explain an Alternative
- Intended Outcomes: Focus and Clarity on of each Practice
- Guidance: Assisting in Applying the Practices
- Step Up Practices: Moving Towards Greater Excellence
- The Revised Bursa LR and Bursa’s CG Guide
|MCCG, Bursa’s Listing Requirements and CG Guide
- Bursa ‘s LR and CG Guide - CG Report Prescribed Format
- Meaningful disclosure on application of each MCCG Practices
- Departure from practice – Alternative disclosure
- For Large Companies – Actions taken and timeframe
- Considerations in making disclosures in the CG Report in demonstrating a holistic and effective CG arrangement to stakeholders.
- CG Report – Separate or Combined?
|MCCG, Bursa’s Listing Requirements and CG Guide (continued)
- Bursa‘s LR and CG Guide - CG Overview Statement
- CG Overview disclosure of application of the MCCG Principles:
- Board Leadership and Effectiveness;
- Effective Audit and Risk Management; and
- Integrity in Corporate Reporting and Meaningful Relationship with Stakeholders.
|Enhancing the Role of Audit Committee Oversight
- The Role of Audit Committee:
- Overseeing the Internal Audit Function
- Review the Internal Audit Plan
- Internal Audit Reports – Review, reporting and raising recommendations
||End of Programme
|Group of 3 or more pax
|*Inclusive of 6% GST