Changes In The Listing Requirements Post-Companies Act 2016: What To Look Out For
Dates: 23 October 2018 (8.30am - 5.30pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Accreditation: SIDC CPE-approved: 10 CPE points & 6 CPD points
The new legal framework governing companies in Malaysia introduced in the Companies Act 2016 (CA) has brought about a myriad of changes to the way companies in Malaysia can be structured or are expected to be governed, provide disclosure, operate and do business. Although the focus of the changes has been on private/public companies, the new framework also has had a major impact on the business operations of public listed companies (PLCs) relating to disclosure requirements, corporate actions, the no par-value regime and the added duties and responsibilities to the board of directors and officers which will be discussed from a practitioners’ perspective as well as the consequential amendments to related regulations such as the Listing Requirements for the Main Market, ACE Market and the Rules of Bursa Malaysia.
The aim of this programme is enable participants to assess the latest changes of the CA and the Listing Requirements for the Main Market, ACE Market and the Rules of Bursa Malaysia that affects their way of doing business and ultimately provide practicable advice to their relevant stakeholders on the impact and consequences of the changes.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- distinguish the changes that are applicable to PLCs
- relate the regulatory changes impacting the capital market
- identify the issues and challenges of the CA
- determine the updates or amendments to the Listing Requirements for the Main Market, ACE Market and the Rules of Bursa Malaysia that would impact their business activities and processes and procedures
- assess and advise their relevant stakeholders on the impact of the changes under the new CA regime
Interactive presentation, Discussions on Case Studies and Question-and-Answer (Q&A) sessions
Board of Directors, company secretaries, legal counsel, accounting and corporate finance department of PLCs, Capital Markets Services Representative’s Licence holders, professionals undertaking corporate advisory work, investors and shareholders
||Foundational (Regulatory Knowledge) - Capital Market Intermediaries, Capital Market Institutions and Capital Market Products Regulations
Foundational (Product Knowledge) – Capital Market Products
Functional (Technical Skills) - Fundamental Analysis and Valuation
Functional (Process Skills) - Capital Structuring and Corporate Finance Advisory
|Specific Changes Affecting Public Listed Companies (PLCs): Then and Now
- Quick recap of the general changes and discussion on the rationale for the revision
|Key Regulatory Changes Impacting the Capital Market
- Amendments to the Listing requirements of Main Market
- Amendments to the Listing requirements of ACE Market
|New Companies Act 2016 Regime Concepts Explained & Simplified for PLCs’ Stakeholders and Investors
- How will my shareholding be valued?
- What will be reflected in my share premium account?
- How will this affect Initial Public Offerings?
- What is the impact of Corporate Actions to my shareholding?
|Putting Companies Act 2016 into Perspective
- Transitional and Procedural Issues
- Structural challenges to compliance
- Corporate Governance and Transparency
|What can be expected for the next 12 months?
||End of Programme