Building Resilience through Emotional Intelligence
Dates: 20 August 2019
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Accreditation: SIDC 10 CPE Approved
Our ability to deal with our emotions effectively at the work place is critical to our success. As the pace of the world increases and our environment makes more and more demands on our cognitive, emotional and physical resources, emotional intelligence has become increasingly valuable as a skill set. Emotional Intelligence strategies combined with native intelligence increases our ability to successfully manage the constant challenges from customers and our business associates.
This programme will enhance participants’ emotional intelligence in responding to ever-changing business challenges to achieve the intended outcomes.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- motivate self when dealing with resistance and negativity
- develop a model to guide responses in difficult and challenging situations
- utilise communication skills for constructive feedback and conflict management
- respond to challenges by remaining optimistic on achieving the intended outcome
- Dealers’ representatives, representatives dealing in derivatives, fund managers, compliance officers, all staff.
- Stockbroking firms, fund management companies, investment and commercial banks, public listed and private companies
- Behavioural (Self-Management) – BSM06 Resilience (Level 3), BSM03 Adaptability (Level 3)
||The Fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence
||The 4 Competencies in Emotional Intelligence
- Perception versus reality
- Recognizing the ego
- Emotions and thoughts
- The head and heart connection
- Understand emotional meanings
- Cognitive processes and self- direction
||Crucial Conversation Skills
- It is not what you say but how you say it- In the pool of shared meaning
- See it from the other person’s perspective
- Sandwich method feedback arcs
- Self-management, self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- How to stay focused on what you want
- Giving in without giving up
||Creating Emotional Safety
- Speak persuasively, not abrasively
- Creating emotional safety through empathy
- Staying in dialogue when you are angry, scared or hurt
- How to notice when safety is at risk
- How to listen when others blow up or clam up
- Agree to disagree constructively
- Courage, clarity and congruence
||End of Programme
About the Speaker
Sophia Catha is a senior trainer and coach in local and multinational organizations that demand excellence in people, performance and profits. She is an energetic self starter with great interpersonal, leadership and training skills.
Trained as a business coach by Mentor Coach, USA, her skilful mastery of “clearing to create” has earned her a market niche amongst entrepreneurs, sales executives, government officials, peak athletes and artists.
An activist in the human potential movement, her dynamic approach to life and business solutions have been well received in Malaysia, Singapore, China, USA, Canada, The UK and New Zealand.
Her incisive and dynamic presentations have captivated audiences in her lectures and training forums. She continues to lead, counsel, train and mentor people to actualize their personal and corporate vision, guided by her mission to serve and inspire people to their greatest potential.
An accomplished motivator, trainer and executive coach with 24 years of local and international exposure, Sophia is an organizational catalyst, whose personal mission is a commitment to maximizing human potential in exceeding goals and achieving excellence.