How Millennials are Shaping the Future of the Capital Market
Dates: 12 April 2018 (8.30am - 5.00pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Accreditation: SIDC CPE-approved: 10 CPE points
All over the world, inevitably, Millennials are changing how businesses operate because of their distinct preferences, values, behaviour and outlook towards work, spending, lifestyle and finance. This is prevalent in Malaysia too where it is estimated that Millennials make-up 40% to 50% of the Malaysian workforce.
From the Capital Market perspective, Millennials are considered a major game changer as a workforce and as a customer segment. Therefore, the Malaysian capital market should start focussing and strategising on how to capitalise on Millenials and their distinct traits and requirements as their role is expected to continue to grow in the next decade.
This programme aims to provide insights and a fresh perspective on the attributes, characteristics of Millennials as employees as well as an investor segment, what are their values, behaviours and outlook towards work, spending, lifestyle and finance and how to capitalise on their unique preferences.
Participants will be able to identify strategies to effectively work with Millennials as well as provide capital market products and services that appeal to this important customer segment.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Describe the traits and attributes of Millennials as an employee and customer segment
- Identify strategies to effectively work with Millennials for business growth
- Analyse the requirements and investing styles of Millenials as a distinct customer segment
- Describe capital market products and services that appeal to and fulfil the requirements of Millenials as a distinct customer segment
Interactive presentations, Panel discussions, Question-and-Answer (Q&A) sessions and case discussions
HR practitioners, recruitment agencies, employees especially team leaders/supervisors and potential employees (Millenials) of Investment and Commercial Banks, Research Houses, Stockbroking Companies, Fund Management Companies and Financial Planners
||Core - Customer Focus
Foundational (Product Knowledge) - Capital Market Environment
Functional Process Skills - Sales and Marketing
Behavioural - Adaptability
WHO ARE THE MILLENNIALS AND WHY DO THEY MATTER?
- Global and Malaysian Context - Values, behaviour and outlook towards work, spending, lifestyle and finance
- Changing Capital Market Landscape - Peer-to-Peer Collaboration, New Entrepreneurial ventures, Socially responsible impact investing and Digital Convergence
|GENERATIONAL INVESTMENT EVOLUTION
Investment Trends: Capital Market growth and Segmentation
- Capital Market Literacy
- Behaviour towards investment decisions
- Investment Products that appeal to Millennial
- Risk Appetite
- Growth or protection
- Risk or return
- Income or capital
- Are Millennials Investing? Future trends
MILLENIALS IN THE WORKFORCE (PANEL DISCUSSION)
- Millenial Mindset at Work – Should HR Align its Practices?
- Millennial Management – Capital Market Perspective (Securities, Derivatives, Fund Management, Corporate Finance Advisory, Analysts, Financial Planning and Compliance)
- Career Pathways
- Engagement and conversations
- Remuneration and Rewards , Flexible Working Hours
BRIDGING THE GENERATIONAL GAP (PANEL DISCUSSION)
- The Baby Boomer Perspective v The Millenial
- Successful Programmes and Collaborations
- Case Studies of Peer-to-Peer Collaboration, New Entrepreneurial ventures, Socially responsible impact investing and Digital Convergence
- Success Factors and Pitfalls to Avoid
||End of Programme
|Group of 3 or more pax
|*Inclusive of 6% GST