MCCG and Bursa's Listing Requirements - Application, Disclosure and Reporting Expectations
Dates: 7 August 2019 (8.30am - 5.00pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Accreditation: CPE Eligible
Pursuant to the Comprehend, Apply and Report (CARE) approach advocated under the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance (MCCG) issued by the Securities Commission Malaysia, listed issuers are encouraged to clearly identify the thought processes involved in practicing good corporate governance including providing fair and meaningful explanation of how the listed issuers have applied the Practices.
In view of the objectives and new disclosure approach set out in the MCCG, Bursa Malaysia has aligned the Listing Requirements (LR) and the CG Guide to reflect and guide listed issuers on the new CG application, disclosure approaches and reporting requirements.
This one day programme is to provide an in-depth guidance on the application, disclosure and reporting expectations for listed issuers as set out under the new MCCG for Principles A, B and C as further outlined in Bursa Malaysia’s LR and CG Guide.
The aim of this programme is to provide the listed issuers with guidance on the application, disclosures and reporting expectations of listed issuers for the Principles A, B and C as further outlined in the MCCG, Bursa’s LR and CG Guide.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- recognise the importance of corporate governance, the new approach in the MCCG and its expectations
- infer the application of the MCCG Practices with reference to Bursa’s CG Guide
- describe the changes in the LR with regard to CG reporting and the disclosure requirement
- determine and carry out the new CG disclosure approaches and requirements towards achieving more meaningful corporate governance reporting
Interactive presentations, Discussions and Question-and-Answer (Q&A) sessions
Main target – PLCs, Co Sec, Directors, Senior Management
Other Audience- Companies who plans to list on Bursa Malaysia
Lawyers, Dealer’s Representatives, Investment Analysts, Corporate Finance Advisors
||Core - Corporate Governance
Foundational (Regulatory Knowledge) – Capital Markets Products Regulations
Functional (Process Skills) – Corporate Finance Advisory
|The Malaysian Corporate Governance Landscape
The New Dimension of MCCG
- Why Governance Matters?
- The Evolutions and Relationships of MCCG, the CG Guide and the Revised LR
- Key Features of the Code:
- The Shift to the ‘Comprehend, Apply and Report’ Approach (CARE)
- From Comply and Explain to Apply or Explain an Alternative
- Intended Outcomes: Focus and Clarity on of each Practice
- Guidance: Assisting in Applying the Practices
- Step Up Practices: Moving Towards Greater Excellence
|Understanding the CG Guide
Pull-out I: Guidance on Board Leadership and Effectiveness
Pull-out II: Guidance on Effective Audit and Risk Management
- Applications and Recommended Best Practices (Covering MCCG Practices 1.1 to 7.3)
- Applications and Recommended Best Practices (Covering MCCG Practices 8.1 to 10.2)
|Understanding the CG Guide (cont’d)
Pull-out III: Guidance on Integrity in Corporate Reporting and Meaningful Relationship with Stakeholders
- Applications and Recommended Best Practices (Covering MCCG Practices 11.1 to 12.3)
||The Revised LR – The Compulsory Reporting Requirements for PLCs
- CG in a Prescribed Format
- Reporting Meaningful Disclosure on each MCCG Practices
- Alternative Disclosures upon Departure from the Practices
- Additional Requirements for Large Companies: Actions taken and timeframe
- CG Report – Separate or Combined?
- CG Overview Statement in Annual Reports
- Summary of CG Practices Applied
- Providing an Informative Statement to Shareholders
||End of Programme