Digital Technology In The Capital Market: What's Coming Your Way?
Dates: 7 September 2017 (8.30am - 5.00pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Driven by a powerful blend of innovative startups and major technology players, global digitisation is growing at a fast pace, with technological innovations successfully capturing market share from many areas in the financial services industry, including the capital market. While the digitisation wave has been seen at the retail end, there are vast opportunities for further innovations and developments in the capital market value chain. Faced with challenges from digitisation, for the capital market participants and intermediaries to remain relevant and competitive, greater innovation and adaptability has become mandatory.
This programme provides insights on digitisation, its impact on the capital market value chain and how one should flexibly adapt and respond to the changes in doing business differently. This programme will be beneficial for capital market participants who want to remain relevant by embracing new technologies and becoming familiar with the “what’s out there?”, “what’s being used?” and “what’s coming?” questions being asked by various industries especially the capital market.
Participants will be able to articulate the impact of digitisation and disruptors on the capital market participants' business activities and perform differently/ efficiently in the workplace in line with current technological and future advancements.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- identify various technologies used in the capital market industry
- explain the current and potential impact of digitisation on the capital market industry
- discuss different business application usages in various capital market activities
- analyse the impact of digitisation and technology on business applications
- propose new ways to perform differently/efficiently in the workplace (upskilling talents for moving up the value chain) in line with technological advancements
Interactive Presentations, Question-and-Answer (Q&A) sessions and Case Studies
Capital Market practitioners interested in digital technology topics
|Thursday, 7 September 2017
||Digitisation and Disruption in the Financial Services Industry
- Emergence of Digitisation and Its Technologies
- Digitisation - Dissecting the Capital Market Value Chain (end to end)
- Leading Countries in Digitisation of the Capital Market
||Digitisation and Disruptors in the Capital Market
- The Scenario in Malaysia - Where Are We Now?
- Disruptors: Innovation Challenges and Its Impact (Way of Doing Business)
- Upcoming Technologies for the Capital Market
- Digital Strategy: Digitisation Ecosystem (Strategic Positioning)
- Case studies - Nokia, Apple, and Capital Market Related
||Issue and Challenges to Digitisation
- Security and Compliance Risks - i.e. Cyber Security, Data Protection, Hackers, Spoofing, Scammers etc
- Regulatory Responses, Risk and Compliance Management - i.e. Regulatory Sandbox
||Future of Digitisation and Capital Market - What's Next?
- Upskilling Talent in Preparation for a Digital World
- What is the Next Wave in Digitisation?
||End of Programme
RM 950 + 6%GST = RM 1007