developing Successful Marketing Strategies
Dates: 17 October 2019 (8.30am - 5.00pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Accreditation: SIDC 10 CPE Approved
“The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well that the product or service fits him and sells itself”- Peter Drucker
A business strategy is usually defined as the approach, tactics and strategic plan adopted by a business to attract customers and achieve its business goals. So why do some businesses flourish while others fail? Are there common factors?
This programme will discuss the marketing strategies and how it can be implemented successfully. This programme will also deliberate on how the different marketing strategies are applied to the different types of business concepts and modalities.
- Foundational (Product knowledge) - Capital Market Fundamentals, Capital Market Environment
- Functional (Technical skills) – Market Analysis
- Behavioural (Organisation Leadership) – Strategic Thinking
- Market Penetration Strategies
- Market Expansion Strategies
- Product/Service Differentiation and Expansion Strategies
- Diversification Strategies
- Acquisition Strategies
- E-Business Strategies
- Case Studies of Successful Businesses
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of positioning and environment analysis
- Develop an effective segmentation strategy
- Assess differentiation strategies utilised by successful companies
- Discuss how to take advantage of E-Business’ full potential
Executives, managers from various industries, dealers, business development and marketing personnel
Investment and commercial banks Asset management companies, advisory firms, stockbroking firms, public listed and private companies.
- Where should we start?
- Marketing in the age of fragmentation
- Market environment analysis
- Context and customers
- Collaborators, competitors and company
- Mass market, market segments, niche markets and individuals
- Personalised targeting: Don’t get personal get social
- How to come up with an effective segmentation
- Holistic segmentation
- Segmentation models
||Differentiation and Value Proposition
- Why differentiation?
- How to come up with points of difference
- Differentiation that matters
- Differentiation strategies
||E-Business Marketing Strategies
- Moving beyond web advertising
- Gaining a competitive advantage through E-Business
- Which industries will survive and thrive?
- Resources and competencies for a successful E-Business
||End of Programme