MDEC - SIDC Data Driven Decision Workshop
Dates: 25.04.2019 (9.30am - 1.00pm)
Data has become fundamental for business growth and sustainability in any organisation across the capital market. For example, trading in the stock market requires accurate data in providing comparable estimate of risks as well as in carrying out trend analysis for an informed business decisions. Machines are now essential in this area as executing large data sets, once done by humans, can be conducted on a larger scale and with more accuracy and speed.
Venue: ADAX (ASEAN Data Analytics eXchange), Kuala Lumpur
The proliferation of real-time and historical data from sources such as connected devices, web, social media, sensors, log files and transactional applications, saw data rapidly gaining traction from a diverse range of vertical sectors. The financial services industry is no exception to this trend.
Is your organisation ready to realise the value of data driven decision-making and adopt technologies enabling them?
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to assess their organisation’s readiness in capitalising the value of data analytics. This will later be translated to practical data-driven Proof-of-Value proposals.
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of analytics in changing the capital market industry
- Determine data technology adoption maturity and readiness among capital market participants
- Discuss business use cases for the capital market industry
- Recommend practical data-driven Proof-of-Value proposals to own organisations
Interactive presentations, Discussions and Question-and-Answer (Q&A) sessions
Directors, C-suites, Senior management – IT, strategy, business process improvement, business development
Investment banks, fund management companies, stockbroking firms, futures broking companies
||Opening Remarks by MDEC and SIDC
||Data Driven Decision Overview
- How analytics are changing technology and business
- Value that businesses are building capabilities and implications
- Key principles and its value for businesses
||Data Driven Decision Making - Capital Markets Use Cases
- Real life business use cases and values / implications
||What is Next for Your Company?
- Analytics journey – Step by Step
- Implementation options – How to start?
||Questions and Answers
||Data Driven Decision Readiness Assessment
||End of Programme - Lunch and Networking