MCCG and Bursa’s Listing Requirements - Application, Disclosure and Reporting Expectations for Principle B & C
Dates: 13 February 2018 (1.30pm - 5.30pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Accreditation: SIDC CPE-approved: 5 CPE points
Pursuant to the Comprehend, Apply and Report (CARE) approach advocated under the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance (MCCG) issued by the Securities Commission Malaysia, listed issuers are encouraged to clearly identify the thought processes involved in practicing good corporate governance including providing fair and meaningful explanations of how the listed issuers have applied the Practices.
In view of the objectives and new disclosure approach set out in the MCCG, Bursa Malaysia has aligned the Listing Requirements (LR) and the CG Guide to reflect and guide listed issuers on the new CG application, disclosure approaches and reporting requirements.
This half-day programme is to provide an in-depth guidance on the application, disclosures and reporting expectations for listed issuers outlined under the new MCCG for Principles B and C - Effective Audit and Risk Management; and Integrity in Corporate Reporting and Meaningful Relationship with Stakeholders including the enhancement in relation to the oversight role of the audit committee in respect of the internal audit function.
The aim of this programme is to provide the listed issuers with guidance on the application, disclosures and reporting expectations of listed issuers for the Principles B and C - Effective Audit and Risk Management; and Integrity in Corporate Reporting and Meaningful Relationship with Stakeholders including the enhancement in relation to the oversight role of the audit committee in respect of the internal audit function outlined in the MCCG, Bursa’s LR and CG Guide.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- recognise the importance of corporate governance, the new approach in MCCG and its expectations
- infer the application of the MCCG Practices with reference to Bursa CG Guide
- describe the changes in the LR in CG reporting and disclosures
- appraise the CG requirements and disclosure of a meaningful corporate governance reporting
- determine and implement the reinforced role of the audit committee in overseeing the internal audit function as prescribed in the MCCG, Bursa’s LR and CG Guide
Interactive presentations, Discussions and Question-and-Answer (Q&A) sessions
- Main target – PLCs, Co Sec, Directors, Senior Management
- Other Audience - Companies who plans to list on Bursa Malaysia
||Core - Corporate Governance
Foundational (Regulatory Knowledge) – Capital Markets Products Regulations
Functional (Process Skills) – Corporate Finance Advisory
|MCCG: The Code, Bursa’s LR and CG Guide and the Expectations
- Why Governance Matters
- Overview of MCCG - What is New?
- Key Features:
- The Shift: ‘Comprehend, Apply and Report’ Approach – ‘CARE’
- From Comply and Explain to Apply or Explain an Alternative
- Intended Outcomes: Focus and Clarity on of each Practice
- Guidance: Assisting in Applying the Practices
- Step Up Practices: Moving Towards Greater Excellence
- The Revised Bursa LR and Bursa’s CG Guide
|Effective Audit and Risk Management; and Integrity in Corporate Reporting and Meaningful Relationship with Stakeholders – Application, Disclosures and Reporting Expectations
This session will discuss the application, disclosures and reporting expectations of the MCCG Principles: Effective Audit and Risk Management; and Integrity in Corporate Reporting and Meaningful Relationship with Stakeholders in relation to the revised Bursa’s LR and Bursa’s CG Guide.
- Bursa CG Guide: Guidance and Application of Practices and Recommended Best Practices
- Bursa LR - CG Report in a Prescribed Format
- Meaningful disclosure on application of each MCCG Practices
- Departure from practice – Alternative disclosure
- For Large Companies – Actions taken and timeframe
- Considerations in making disclosures in the CG Report in demonstrating a holistic and effective CG arrangement to stakeholders.
- CG Report – separate or combined?
||Effective Audit and Risk Management; and Integrity in Corporate Reporting and Meaningful Relationship with Stakeholders – Application, Disclosures and Reporting Expectations (continued)
- Bursa LR - CG Overview Statement in Annual Reports and Expectations
- Overview summary of CG practices of application on Principle
- Key Focus Areas and Future Priorities
|Enhancing the Role of Audit Committee Oversight
- Role of Audit Committee:
- Overseeing the Internal Audit Function
- Review the Internal Audit Plan
- Review and Report of Internal Audit Reports and Recommendations raised
||End of Programme
|Group of 3 or more pax
|*Inclusive of 6% GST