Why Join Us
At the SIDC we believe in providing the right values, support and environment to help our people unlock their potential and grow as they contribute to the organisation.
As work-life balance advocates, we encourage our employees to enjoy a healthy and fulfilling personal life while pursuing their career goals.
What We Offer
||Competitive salary package
||Internal and external training opportunities
||Housing and car loan interest subsidy facilities
||Outpatient and hospitalisation insurance coverage
||Group personal accident insurance
||Group term life insurance
Explore Career Opportunities in These Areas
Examinations You will be in a team responsible for developing and administrating the SC Licensing Examinations. These examinations are the minimum standard of competency required of individuals who wish to act as intermediaries in the Malaysian capital market
Investor Education You will be in a team responsible for designing, developing and implementing financial literacy programmes on money management and wise investing, targeted at school students, undergraduates, women, rural folks, blue collar workers, parents and government/ private sector employees
Finance & Administration, Corporate Communications and Human Resources You will be in a team that acts as the backbone of the SIDC, supporting core functions that address the organisation's employee welfare, staffing requirements, financial wellbeing, administrative and technical needs as well as communications strategies.
Continuing Professional Education You will be in a team responsible for managing and administering the mandatory Continuing Professional Education (CPE) programme, which cultivates a continued learning and upskilling culture among market intermediaries that is important to ensure the long-term quality of capital market professionals.
Training & Development You will be in a team responsible for designing, developing and implementing training programmes for local and international regulators, capital market industry players and young talents of the capital market
Event Management You will be in a team in charge of organising and implementing the SIDC's local and international programmes
Marketing You will be in a team responsible for strategising and executing the SIDC's marketing initiatives targeted at local and global players in the capital markets
The SIDC is seeking dynamic and dedicated candidates who are interested in developing their career with us for the following positions.
Remuneration package will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interested candidates may apply online or submit their application with comprehensive resume, contact number, employment history, current salary, expected salary and recent passport-size photograph (non-returnable) to:
Human Resource Senior Manager
Securities Industry Development Corporation
No 3, Persiaran Bukit Kiara, Bukit Kiara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Fax: 03 6201 5112
The program package includes basic training, project work and on-the-job coaching to assist heads, developers, directors in meeting the departments’ business goals.
- To edit slide presentations for SIDC’s programmes in accordance to SIDC’s standards, format and the requirements of the Programme Objective and Outline
- To communicate and engage with speakers for SIDC’s programmes and content development including following-up on speaker’s biodata
- To assist in updating and maintaining the database under the purview of Professional Development namely the Speaker’s Database and Programme Database
- To assist in conducting research on Capital Market topics or any other areas as assigned for SIDC’s programmes include CMPQ as well as business case analysis
- To assist in the development of SIDC’s programmes
- To assist Curriculum & Qualification Department in the updating and preparation of prescribed reference materials for the Review Committee meetings
- To assist in arranging internal and external meetings for Professional Development and to take minutes of the meetings
- To assist the Head of Professional Development and Developers of Professional Development with any other tasks as assigned
Job Requirements :
- Currently a penultimate or a final year student pursuing a relevant undergraduate degree to the capital market in a top university locally or abroad
- An academic track record with a minimum of Second Class Upper Honours (2.1) o
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written)
- Energetic drive, confident and positive attitude
- Reliable and timeliness
- 1 internship position for duration of 2 to 6 months
- Monthly Allowance RM1,000
Freelance Trainer, Capital Market
We are seeking dynamic, dedicated, competent and suitably qualified freelance trainers interested in working with the SIDC, the leading capital market learning and development solutions provider in Malaysia and emerging capital markets, to provide and deliver high quality programmes to capital market participants.
- Deliver public and in-house capital market programmes
- Develop training materials, case studies and questions meeting SIDC’s standards based on programme objectives
- Ensure training materials are up-to-date and relevant to the industry and work environment
Areas of Expertise:
- Economics and Capital Market:
- Equity Market, Derivatives & Alternative Investments, Debt Market, Financial Planning and Islamic Capital Market
- Anti-Money Laundering Act and Anti-Terrorism Financing Act (AMLATFA) 2001, Corporate Governance, Compliance, Investment Banking & Treasury and any other field related to the capital market
- Degree holder and above
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the capital market
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills
- Pleasant personality and ability to connect with the audience
- Proficient in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Willing to travel
The Islamic Capital Market Graduate Training Scheme (ICMGTS)
Islamic Capital Market Graduate Training Scheme
Are you keen to be the next Islamic Capital Market specialist?
Are you up for a challenging but rewarding career in the Islamic Capital Market?
According to the recent Asian Development Bank (ADB) panel discussion in May 2015, the Islamic finance industry has shown exponential growth in recent years with global Islamic financial assets of US$1.9 trillion as at 2013, up from $150 billion in the 1990s. It is also forecast that total Islamic financial assets will exceed $6.5 trillion by 2020.
Global expansion of Islamic finance has created a strong demand for qualified Islamic finance professionals to drive the industry forward. Career opportunities abound especially in Asia, which is expected to be the key driver in furthering the growth of the Islamic finance industry as its Muslim population is expected to reach 2.5 billion by 2020.
If you are excited to be part of this vibrant and progressive industry, the Islamic Capital Market Graduate Training Scheme (ICMGTS) is the career development programme that will open the right doors for you.
What is the programme about?
The Islamic Capital Market Graduate Training Scheme (ICMGTS) was jointly developed by the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) and the Securities Industry Development Corporation (SIDC) in 2009 to facilitate the creation of human capital for the Islamic Capital Market (ICM). Its main objective is to produce entry-level professionals with strong fundamental knowledge and skills for the industry.
Since its inception, over 400 graduates have participated in the scheme, of whom 87% have found employment in various financial services organisations.
The eight-week programme is endorsed by the capital market industry and includes industry visits to the Securities Commission Malaysia, Bank Negara Malaysia and Bursa Malaysia.
Why you should attend ICMGTS
Who is eligible?
- Relevant technical and soft skills to meet market demands
- Opportunity to be a licensed intermediary
- Interview opportunities with potential employers from the industry
- A monthly allowance of RM2,000 per month for the duration of the programme
How will the programme be conducted?
- Malaysian citizens aged 30 years and below
- Individuals with excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Graduates holding at least a second class upper degree or its equivalent from a recognised institution of higher learning in any of the following or related fields:
- Accounting/Islamic Accounting
- Banking/Islamic Banking
- Economics/Islamic Economics
- Finance/Islamic Finance
The ICMGTS programme is an eight-week intensive training programme comprising five technical ICM modules and five soft skills modules endorsed by the capital market industry.
The programme, consisting of 8 weeks’ training on 5 technical ICM modules and 5 soft skills modules, is endorsed by the capital market industry.
|Technical Course Modules
||Soft Skills Modules
|1. Introduction to the Islamic Capital Market
||1. English Business Communication
2. Fiqh Al-Muamalat (Islamic Commercial Law)
|2. Personal Branding and Professional Grooming
3. Regulatory Requirements and Legal
Documentation in Islamic Capital Market
|3. Creative Thinking and Decision Making Skills
|4. Islamic Equity Market
||4. kills High Performance Culture in Sales
|5. Sukuk Market
||5. Ethics and Integrity
Upon completing the programme, participants will be put in touch with employers in the financial services sector that are hiring (including regulators).
What ICMGTS alumni have to say…
"The comprehensive technical modules on ICM were presented by practitioners and experts in the industry, giving us a complete understanding and clear picture of the industry practices" -Syarul Azren Che Mahamud -
"A very comprehensive programme that drove me to find my niche in ICM while gaining knowledge and experience from mentors and lecturers" -Lee Chia Lin -
"ICMGTS gave me a better understanding of the contemporary industry needs as well as provided me better career prospects in a growth-oriented field with challenging responsibilities" -Muhamad Nasir Haron-
When will the programme be conducted?
Programme Dates: 29 September - 30 November 2017
Application for 17th intake: from July 2017 onwards
Closing date for applications: 25 August 2017
How to apply?
Complete the attached application form and email it together with your resume to email@example.com
For more information, please visit www.sidc.com.my or contact Liyana / ICMGTS Secretariat at 03-6204 8202 liyanaAR@sidc.com.my